Friday, March 28, 2014

Whatchooo Doin This Wknd? 3/29. And a funny story about Jason Isbell....

Several fun things happening this wknd. Its supposed to be rainy on Saturday but Sunday is like mid 60's and sunny! They postponed the Folly Beach Sea & Sand Festival bc of the weather but good news everyone....it is now happening on my birthday wknd :)

On Saturday you can go to our James Island library at 10:30am and they are showing Despicable Me 2. And then something I just hate that we are missing: The Fancy Nancy Garden Party is happening at the Main Library downtown at 11am. We were there this afternoon and they were setting up and it looks so cute! If we were going we would definitely need lil gloves and a sunhat :)

Disco brunch at Avondale Mellow Mushroom? Sounds awesome!
I love a good theme.
I have a gold lame (pronounced lamay but Idk how to put an accent over the E) shirt that I wore to a friend's Vegas -themed wedding reception
that would be perfect for this.

The Pour House is supposed to be doing the Food Truck Court again this Saturday but we'll see with the rain chances. Dallas Baker & Friends and the Cane Creek String Band are playing and its from 12 - 5:30pm. www.charlestonpourhouse.com


Sunday Brunch Farmers Market
Alot more vendors are back this Sunday and the Hungry Monks are playing.




This past Monday Jason Isbell was at the Charleston Music Hall. His new album is supposed to be amazing and evidently he put on quite a show. 

Every time I think of him I giggle. Tab and I went to see him at the Pour House in 2008 right after he went solo from Drive By Truckers. 
It was a good show but he was pretty drunk during most of it. 
(I think he is very sober now.)
And he was playing with a guy who used to work at Steak Out in GA?
 We were such young kids :) Newlyweds!
So after the show we ended up backstage with Isbell and all of his groupies. It was all very cliche. He had a girl on each side of him, the air was thick with cigarette smoke and everyone was talking and laughing and passing around a bottle of warm Jack Daniels (which I pretended to swig but didn't bc its gross). So Tab and I are sitting there, pretending to be cool and 
acting like we belonged there.
Pic below is bad but I was trying to catch the cliche-ness of it all without getting busted snappin pics.

And...all of the sudden....Tab randomly blurts out 
"SO. WERE YOU KICKED OUT OF DRIVE BY TRUCKERS OR DID YOU LEAVE?"

...crickets...

And then after what seemed like an eternity of awkward silence one guy says 
"WHO SAYS THAT?"
and Tab backtracks and is like 
"I mean...its not like I'm a reporter or anything!"

Jason Isbell laughed quietly and never answered really.

So after that no one offered us the Jack Daniels again.

We slinked out of the Pour House in the wee hours of the morning, giggling about what had happened.

Ohhhhhhhh Tab! 
Goodness I love that story.

Happy Wknd y'all! Maybe I will see you on Sunday :)




No comments:

Post a Comment