Wednesday, March 12, 2014

1st Post! Lee Lee's Hot Kitchen with a hot date...

Hello folks! This is my first blog post - yikes! 
I think I'm jumping the gun bc I wanted the structure of my blog to be more put together before I started posting, buuuuuut I got a fortune cookie last night that said 
"Its a good time to start something new" so I'm going with it :)
I'm still figuring out how this all works and how to set it up so it will be easy for you to read from computer or mobile....yada yada yada.

So last night Tab and I had a date night! 
It has been so nice since my sis-in-law and her fam have moved here from Fort Mill bc we trade date nights and then you don't have to pay extra $$ for a sitter - works out great.
We drove downtown with the intention of checking out Rutledge Cab Co but saw some festive lighting and stumbled upon Lee Lee's Hot Kitchen. I'd read about it in the City Paper. 
Here. 
I've heard rumors of dim sum? Not sure if I made that up or its happening there, if its not, it needs to happen in Charleston SOON! I love dim sum brunch.

Lee Lee's is definitely in a sketchy part of town so we were a lil worried about parking the car but it was fine - they had a guy at the door kinda keep an eye on things.
The atmosphere is great - very festive and still cozy.

Firecracker posters

I had a glass of Malbec to start (I realize this doesn't exactly pair well with most Asian food but its one of my faves when I'm feeling wine) and then quickly realized I needed to follow Tab's lead and ordered a Lucky Buddha "The Enlightened Beer" - tasted alot like a Heineken. The bottles were awesome and our bearded bartender gladly rinsed 2 out for us to take home (and use as vases maybe?)
We tried Sichuan Dumpling, Scallion Pancake, Salt & Pepper Calamari and Ginger Beef.
All good. Dumplings were obviously homemade and I loved that.
Definitely trying the Hong Sho Ro next time - one of the more unusual things on the menu.

Afterwards we went on a drive around that President Street and Citadel area. I don't know that area really well and its gorgeous....in some places :)

All in all - nice date!
Check it out! And let me know if you hear anything about DIM SUM!




1 comment: