Tuesday, March 18, 2014

In the St. Pat's Parade....for the 6th year! (or 7th...we can't remember)

I don't even remember what made my sister, Jennifer and I decide to do it the first year. But I'm so glad we did. The first year we decorated our trailer (float) with a large plywood rainbow going into a pot of gold. We definitely looked like a lesbian group and quickly made friends with SC Pride :)
The next year we named ourselves Fun Time Friends and made a girls only rule, no kids, no boys unless they are driving or acting as security detail walking behind the float.
We have grown to include a core group of 7 girls, but we miss 1-2 every now and then.

Our group this year. Jennifer, Mama and I. Susi, Stoner, Rai, and Marty.

We make this a family affair. 
Mama walks alongside the float and hands out candy to all the little ones.

We have so much fun! And the crowd was huge this year. They LOVE our music and dance along with us and the kids dig our bubble machines - I think we are a hit :)


They turn the fountains green for the festival.




Our cousin, Ashley, let us borrow her trailer for our float and so we did a little advertising for her photography company Dabble!
She has taken pics of my family before and they are amazing!

We out-do ourselves every year and I can't wait for next year's parade!



No comments:

Post a Comment