Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Turkey Meatballs!

Such a perfect toddler food - especially for this CHUNK of a boy I have that is already eating me out of house and home. 
My gf, Lexie, told me about these turkey meatballs she had been making for her kids that were an All-In-One meal. She did ground turkey, oatmeal and sweet potato. It's so easy to be flexible with this! Lately I've just been doing turkey and a grain and then serving it with a vegetable. I've been making those little 5minute cous cous boxes (the tomato lentil and the Mediterranean curry are the best for this), letting them cool and adding them in with 1lb of ground turkey and one egg to bind it and then rolling into meatballs and cooking at 350 degrees for 30min. 
 

Make sure you follow the package directions and add some olive oil in when making the cous cous or it turns into one big cous cous cake. Which is not really a bad thing bc I cut that into little squares and that became a good finger food too. But for the meatballs you want the cous cous to mix well with the ground turkey. Don't over mix or it will get tough. 

I've also tried it with quinoa and I've added a steam bag of creamed spinach (that was a huge hit). You could use regular chopped frozen spinach - just be sure to squeeze out the excess water. 
The possibilities are endless and these are so easy - I make them once a week. And they are perfect for weekends when we are always 
eating lunch out or on the go!

(pay no attention to his Santa pjs - we're still rockin them)

Thanks for the idea Lexie! And if y'all need any catering done down here in the lowcountry check out her business online here: Harvest Catering and on Facebook :)

No comments:

Post a Comment