Thursday, March 20, 2014

Arts & Crafts: St. Pat's & Easter

Yay for the first day of Spring! 
So ready to be done with this nasty cold weather 
and today its 75 and sunny....ie: perfect.
Wanted to backtrack a bit and show some fun stuff 
I did with the kids for St. Pats.

We made Leprechaun masks! 

We have round stamp sponge brushes for the orange beard.


And the results after alot of stapling by me....

Sweet Lil leprechauns....

They are definitely good luck.
Yes.- his finger is in his nose.

This is the 2nd year I've done the PINCH PROOF shirts with Betty. It's so easy to buy a bag of tshirts and have them on hand....
even if they are wayyyyy too big :)

We focus on one holiday after another here. And when there is a lull in holidays we focus on the season and do seasonal crafts. Pinterest is my go-to...I am not coming up with this stuff on my own, people!

So immediately after St. Pats we moved on to Easter and spring. 
Happy Spring!
I cut a bunch of egg shapes out of construction paper and that is our ongoing craft. It is great to have ongoing crafts - especially when the baby is eating supper and I need the 3yr old to be occupied during THE WITCHING HOUR (5pm-7pm). 
with the scrap paper I cut out zig zags and polka dots that she can use for gluing.



All while this kid is munching away and watching his sister.


 She can do anything with the eggs - glue, watercolor, acrylic (washable) paint, markers, crayons, etc - so it really allows her to be creative.


YALL. This is seriously my kid. SSSSSSSSSssssstop it.
I mean.....
I'm pretty sure I heard a Star Wars theme song in there? 
Is that what it was?

Another ongoing craft that is easy to set up for spring and allows them to be creative? Cut out the egg carton cups. Betty (and Miles) paints them all the time and gives them away to friends. We take green pipe cleaner and stick it thru the bottom to make a stem. I will try to add a picture of the finished product but these are great and seriously so easy. 
I cut out Easter eggs (or egg carton cups or hearts if its Valentines...etc) during nap time and it seriously makes my life so much easier. To have a craft for her to do when I need her to be occupied is great.


And last but not least....we balanced an egg for the vernal equinox! 
It worked!
 We are geniuses....obviously.







No comments:

Post a Comment