Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Fools SUCCESS...kinda

Success this year! Last year (with a 4mos old baby at home) we slacked off and Tab wrote me a note afterwards along the lines of: "I'm really disappointed in us. We only have so many April Fools days left and we need to take full advantage of them..." LOL
This is of course after some of the best pranks were pulled the first few years of our marriage. I actually sewed his underwear leg holes together one year and he almost fell on his face trying to get them on. And one year he bought 10 alarm clocks and set them at 5 min intervals and hid them all over the house. Good one....good one.
So this year I pulled Betty in on it. IT IS TIME, YOUNG ONE. 
First I taped those firework popper thing all along the bottom of Tab's toilet seat....so that when he inevitably sat down that morning there would be small popping explosions and (hopefully) a girlish scream.
FAIL. He went on to work without any explosions. 

So then Louis and I drove to his office with the spare key and moved his car to a diff parking space and turned windshield wipers on and music up full blast. I thought about what would be the most annoying music ever and (even though I like it - obviously enough to PURCHASE it) decided upon what Tab deems as the worst music of all time:
This prank was a semi-FAIL bc Tab saw that his car was moved and assumed I had turned the radio all the way up, 
so he turned it down before cranking the car. 
Boo Hiss.

Onto Betty. 
I went to pick her up from preschool like this:
I told her I was running late bc I had been at the hairdresser and did she like how it turned out? Her response (being 3.5 and not really getting the concept of a JOKE) was "How did you do that mama?" Her teachers played along and giggled at my nerdiness and I let her touch my hair and then pull the wig off. It was cute and once I told her I was just kidding with her 
she fake laughed...alot. 
soooooo....

 Then after lunch I pranked her with a concept that was probably too abstract for her to get too. But this was for me and I think I'm hilarious sooooo....

I told her I made her brownies for a snack and she got excited (don't worry people! I had a cookie to soften the blow!) And then I gave her a brown E.
This is the part that blew my mind: Once I explained the brown E to her I said "Isn't that funny?"  and she responded: "Do you mean fun E?" holding up an E.
 My CLEVER BABY GIRL!


So later this evening, in the midst of THE WITCHING HOUR, I was kinda at wits end. We have dance on Tuesdays and these kids are CRAZY by the time we get home for supper. Tab got home and I got the kids in the bath right in time to hear POP POP POP! 
AAAAAArrrrggghhhhH!

OKAAAAAY YOU GOT ME!

lololol
He said that when he sat down actual sparks flew out from under the seat on each side! I mean...I can't stop laughing just thinking about it.
Made my day.
Happy April Fools everyone!
Gotta think of something to one-up next year :)





No comments:

Post a Comment